“Working together for best quality healthcare”.
The Mandate of the Public Hospitals Authority is to provide effective governance and management of the government-owned hospitals in The Bahamas, namely: Princess Margaret Hospital, Rand Memorial Hospital and Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre.
To be the model of excellence for health services delivery, meeting the needs and enhancing the health of the people of The Bahamas.
The mission of the Public Hospitals Authority is to:
- Deliver a comprehensive range of preventive, curative, rehabilitative, emergency and educational health services to persons in The Bahamas, through its healthcare facilities and services;
- Provide for the national procurement and inventory management of pharmaceuticals and medical/surgical supplies throughout the Public Sector Health Services; and
- Ensure proficient, efficient and effective management and delivery of all services under its responsibility.
Values and Guiding Principles
The patient is the reason we are here.
- Equity, dignity and respect given to everyone.
- Trust, integrity and honesty demonstrated throughout the system.
- High quality compassionate care provided that satisfies the expectations of our patients & families.
- Individual responsibility encouraged for the success of our team.
- Our Mission accomplished through collaboration and teamwork.
- There will be organizational accountability.
- Our business conducted in a cost-efficient manner.