BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Public Hospitals Authority Board is a Policy Board whose role is one of governance rather than administrative management. The Board is not meant to be involved in the day-to-day management of the Authority.
Composition & Tenure of the Board
The PHA Act requires that the Board of Directors of the Authority consists of:
- The Chairman and the Deputy Chairman appointed by the Minister;
- The Managing Director of the Authority (ex officio);
- A representative of the Ministry of Health appointed by the Minister; and
- Not more than seven but not less than three other persons representing trade unions, financial, industrial, commercial, or other institutions and professional organizations and members of the general public appointed by the Minister and referred to as “appointed members”.
All members other than ex officio members of the Authority shall hold office for a period not exceeding three years, and not less than one year, but shall be eligible for reappointment.
Mr. Julian J. Rolle, CPA, - Chairman
Mrs. Lynda Gibson - Deputy Chairman
Ms. Catherine E. Weech - Ex-officio, Public Hospitals Authority
Dr. Pearl McMillan - Ex-officio Ministry of Health
Dr. Ebbie Jackson (Mrs.)
Ms. Nicole Martin
Ms. Charmaine Edgecombe
Mr. Nicolas Rees
Mr. Ejnar Cornish
Mr. George Godet
Dr. Wesley Francis
Mr. Lyrone Burrows
The Board accomplishes its work by utilizing several standing committees. The committees are systems-based and are comprised such that they represent the various institutions appropriately. The committees, along with management continually make recommendations to the Board in order that they may formulate policies for the particular areas. The committees themselves are responsible for monitoring those areas, in accordance with the approved terms of reference.
Standing committees of the Board include:
- The Finance Committee;
- The Audit Committee;
- The Strategic Planning & Health Systems Committee;
- The Quality and Patient Safety Committee;
- The Medical Affairs Committee;
- The Human Resources Committee; and
- The Health Facilities and Hospital Redevelopment Committee.